RE: [S-R] Lupcho Family

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 21 4:05 AM
      Dear Bob,

      Those LDS files are probably the last place to look for reliable
      information. They are so error prone that the "regulars" at my local FHC
      find them laughable. No, LDS does not verify the information that is
      submitted to it. And in this particular instance no source is provided. This
      means you cannot even contact the person who submitted the information to
      verify where it came from.

      The ONLY way to determine Barbara's actual date of birth is to find her
      birth record. That means inspecting the actual baptismal records from the
      microfilms. There are no shortcuts in genealogy. The sooner your order the
      films, the sooner you will have your answer.

      Janet

      _____

      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 30 8:09 PM
        John:

        Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Progress has been slow
        but I believe that that I will get there.

        Regards,

        Bob
        On Apr 30, 2008, at 5:02 PM, johnqadam wrote:

        > Bob, your 41-page 1981 family reunion document has arrived. The only
        > certainty is that lineage on your Csintala (GC)/Kocanova (RC) side
        > goes back to Trebisov (GC) and C'elovce (RC). We have already covered
        > the availability of those church records as well as the 1869
        > Hungarian Census for both those communities.
        >
        > As nearly as I can determine, there is no mention whatever of the
        > origins of the Lupcso/Lupc'o side of the family. Some focussed
        > research in US documents might serve to determine that.
        >
        > You have three independent streams for your current research:
        >
        > 1) Follow Csintala in Trebisov GC church records 1775-1924 and the
        > 1869 Hungarian Census
        >
        > 2) Follow Kocan in C'elovce RC church records, 1723 & onward, and the
        > 1869 Hungarian Census
        >
        > 3) Search for Lupcso village of origin in US records. Running through
        > the 34 listings for "LUPC Hungarian/Slovak" on Ellis Island might
        > possibly yield a clue but most point further north in Zemplen Magye =
        > county, as do phone listings.
        >
        > My standing bet of one Canadian Loonie is that Lupcso was known to
        > Csintala and the marriage was "arranged". That would place Lupcso's
        > village of origin within TWO villages of Trebisov. That remains to be
        > seen.

        Bob Lupcho
        boblupcho@...