Fwd: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] on line Slovak telephone book

  • RAHannig00@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14 6:25 PM
      For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
      telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
      Thanks,
      Robin Hannig

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14 7:40 PM
        At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
        >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
        >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
        >Thanks,
        >Robin Hannig

        You don't have to use diacritic marks.

        Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname

        Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
        heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
        leave it blank)

        Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

        Císlo domu - House number if known

        Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
        one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

        Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

        Janko
      • jallen50
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14 7:44 PM
          Robin: I don't speak the language, so I can't translated what the words
          mean, but I first click on Bytove Stanice. When the screen appears, I enter
          the surname I am seeking in the space next to "Priezvisko", then enter the
          name of the town or village next to "Mesto" and either press enter or click
          the block at the end of the page on the left. I learned the hard was that
          clicking the bar on the right erases everything, and I have to start all
          over!

          For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
          telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
          Thanks,
          Robin Hannig

          Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
          1. Fill in the brief application
          http://click.egroups.com/1/6631/0/_/545880/_/963624364/
        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14 8:19 PM
            At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
            >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
            >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
            >Thanks,
            >Robin Hannig

            I forgot to add that you click on the map of Slovakia - Vsetky stanice v SR
            and then follow instructions below. Also, where it says Keyword, if you
            click on the "branz^ovnik" button on the bottom it list key words such as
            "ambulancia". If you put the keyword in and the town, it will list all the
            "ambulancia" (out patient clinics) in the town.