Lupcho Family

  • Bob Lupcho
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 18, 2008
      Good morning;

      This my first post looking for information about the Lupcho Family. I
      am brand new to Genealogy activities. I have a document (Liptak/
      Chintala Family Reunion) from a 1981 reunion which has quite a bit of
      information in it. It appears that the Family roots are in
      Czechoslovakia. There is a copy of what appears to be a marriage
      Certificate (? not sure of this) showing the Chintala/Csintala
      connection. Spelling seems to fluctuate with names. The document Says:

      CESKOSLOVENSKA REPUBLIKA
      POVEERENICTVO VNOTRA (Spelling uncertain)
      Tehn a number/date: 11183/1958
      Then: RODNY LIST
      I can't read the next line
      Trebisove sv.I p.8.96 r. 1878 (with a symbol over the "s")
      A date: 9.12.1878 Words following indicate "decembra" _-------------
      Then: Trebisov with a symbol over the "s"
      Next are four words which I can't read. A 4 letter word, a 1 letter
      word, a 8 letter word and 6 letter word.
      The name appears to read: Anna Csintaleva. A symbol over the last
      letter "a".
      Next is a 6 letter word which I can't read. In the space following it
      look like it reads" Senske with a symbol of the last letter "e".
      Then what I believe to be information about the Groom (??). There is
      what looks like a word: Ottc with 8 words describing what this is
      followed by a name, JURAJ CSINTALA
      Next what looks like: Madra followed by a 9 word description. Then
      another name: Maria, rodena (sym. over last "a") KOCANOVA (sym. over
      last "a")
      Next is a date; 11.12.1878. Descripters look like: Lapis do matriky
      bol vykonany (Sym. over the last letter "y")
      There a Seal at the bottom of this doc. Also. V Bratislave + three
      letters I can not make out.

      The reunion doc. mentioned earlier shows the family tree starting with
      JURAJ CSINTALA and Maria Kochanova. It apprears that they had six
      children.
      Anna Chintala, George Chntala, Helen Chintala, Elizabeth Chintala,
      Barbara Chintala (married Andrew Lupcho) and Catherine Chintala.
      Barbara Chintala, who married Andrew Lupcho was my grand mother.
      Barbara Chintala Lupcho had 10 children. She lived in Hazelton, PA for
      some period of time. The family moved to Kemmerer, WY prior to the
      1910 census. Barbara Chintala Lupcho died 4/Jun/1915. I have good
      information from 1915 to present.

      I would like to get information about the Csintala/Kochanova couple,
      how and when they got to the USA (If they did). I have been told the
      Lupcho family also came from Czechoslovakia . I want to learn as much
      as I can about the Lupcho's.

      Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

      Bob

      Bob Lupcho
      boblupcho@...
    • Bob Lupcho
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 30, 2008
        John:

        Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Progress has been slow
        but I believe that that I will get there.

        Regards,

        Bob
        On Apr 30, 2008, at 5:02 PM, johnqadam wrote:

        > Bob, your 41-page 1981 family reunion document has arrived. The only
        > certainty is that lineage on your Csintala (GC)/Kocanova (RC) side
        > goes back to Trebisov (GC) and C'elovce (RC). We have already covered
        > the availability of those church records as well as the 1869
        > Hungarian Census for both those communities.
        >
        > As nearly as I can determine, there is no mention whatever of the
        > origins of the Lupcso/Lupc'o side of the family. Some focussed
        > research in US documents might serve to determine that.
        >
        > You have three independent streams for your current research:
        >
        > 1) Follow Csintala in Trebisov GC church records 1775-1924 and the
        > 1869 Hungarian Census
        >
        > 2) Follow Kocan in C'elovce RC church records, 1723 & onward, and the
        > 1869 Hungarian Census
        >
        > 3) Search for Lupcso village of origin in US records. Running through
        > the 34 listings for "LUPC Hungarian/Slovak" on Ellis Island might
        > possibly yield a clue but most point further north in Zemplen Magye =
        > county, as do phone listings.
        >
        > My standing bet of one Canadian Loonie is that Lupcso was known to
        > Csintala and the marriage was "arranged". That would place Lupcso's
        > village of origin within TWO villages of Trebisov. That remains to be
        > seen.

        Bob Lupcho
        boblupcho@...