New Slovak Roots Group Member

  • uhirenlinda
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      Hello -
      I am new to the group. I am researching the history of the farming
      community where I have lived for 42 years. Slovak, Arkansas was
      settled in 1894. At one time there were over 600 residents.
      I enjoyed the recent discussion of early wooden Churches and icons.
      There was a Russian Orthodox Church in early Slovaktown named St.
      Mary's but little is known of it's history. I have opened a Slovak
      Roots Photo Album for Russian Orthodox Churches - Early wooden
      structures.
      I invite anyone interested to view a picture of St. Mary's church
      and please add pictures of your own early structures. Pictures of
      items such as icons , tapestries, etc. would be of interest to many.

      Thanks,
      Linda Uhiren