Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] On-line Slovak telephone book

  • Andy Verostko
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14 11:59 AM
      Try:

      http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html

      --

      Regards

      Andy Verostko

      averostko@...

      http://www.bealenet.com/~averostko

    • kathiraisa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14 12:04 PM
        Thank you!!!! :)
      • Jim Sagat
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14 4:31 PM
          Ahoy!

          I dont post very often on this list, prefer more to" lurk and learn" so
          to speak. But My cousin from Slovakia is visiting with us this summer, whom
          I met only a few months ago due to help from this and other sites. While
          she is staying with us, she would like to earn some money for college by
          doing translatiing for anyone who has that need. Also when she returns, she
          would like to help others locate their relatives in Slovakia, by doing
          whatever she can to help. Find phone numbers, look up addresses, translate,
          and even have someone visit a certain village if need may be. With all the
          college students she knows, someone is always going somewhere in Slovakia
          and can carry messages or look things up.
          If you need help with a translation, or need something written in
          Slovak while she is here, Please email me, she is very very fair in pricing,
          usually less than 10 dollars an hour for translating, rewritting, and
          sending it to you.
          If you would like to help her, and yourself, we would appreciate hearing
          from you.

          Jim Sagat

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14 5:21 PM
            Hi

            Thanks for your e-mail. I am in the very begining of my search; I still
            haven't figured out the relatives that came to the US, not even sure if there
            are any back in Slovakia. I was amazed to find 88 names with the old
            spelling of my surname in the phone list in Kosice!

            Once I figure out what is what and who is who, I will probably venture into
            the "old country". I will keep you and your cousin in mind.

            Thanks for the offer! Best regards,
            Kathi-Raisa Petrick