RE: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] On-line Slovak telephone book

  • Chromeck, Elaine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2000
      http://www.teldir.com/tdred/eng/128464

      -----Original Message-----
      From: kathiraisa@... [mailto:kathiraisa@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 2:55 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com
      Subject: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] On-line Slovak telephone book

      Hello

      Could someone please tell me how I can find that site?

      Thank you!

      Kathi-Raisa Petrick
      Cockeysville, MD

      Your old buddies are not out of range anymore. Free search with
      Military.com's Personnel Locator.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/4158/0/_/545880/_/963600911/
    • Andy Verostko
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2000
        Try:

        http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html

        --

        Regards

        Andy Verostko

        averostko@...

        http://www.bealenet.com/~averostko

      • kathiraisa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2000
          Thank you!!!! :)
        • Jim Sagat
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2000
            Ahoy!

            I dont post very often on this list, prefer more to" lurk and learn" so
            to speak. But My cousin from Slovakia is visiting with us this summer, whom
            I met only a few months ago due to help from this and other sites. While
            she is staying with us, she would like to earn some money for college by
            doing translatiing for anyone who has that need. Also when she returns, she
            would like to help others locate their relatives in Slovakia, by doing
            whatever she can to help. Find phone numbers, look up addresses, translate,
            and even have someone visit a certain village if need may be. With all the
            college students she knows, someone is always going somewhere in Slovakia
            and can carry messages or look things up.
            If you need help with a translation, or need something written in
            Slovak while she is here, Please email me, she is very very fair in pricing,
            usually less than 10 dollars an hour for translating, rewritting, and
            sending it to you.
            If you would like to help her, and yourself, we would appreciate hearing
            from you.

            Jim Sagat

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2000
              Hi

              Thanks for your e-mail. I am in the very begining of my search; I still
              haven't figured out the relatives that came to the US, not even sure if there
              are any back in Slovakia. I was amazed to find 88 names with the old
              spelling of my surname in the phone list in Kosice!

              Once I figure out what is what and who is who, I will probably venture into
              the "old country". I will keep you and your cousin in mind.

              Thanks for the offer! Best regards,
              Kathi-Raisa Petrick