on line Slovak telephone book

  • Dwyer, David
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 14, 2000
      Hello!

      > I have to share the good news! I have been writing to people whose names
      > are listed in the on line Slovak telephone book.

      What is the URL for this??
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David Dwyer- david.dwyer@...
      TD-SD-LD, Theatre Santa Fe
      Santa Fe Community College
      Gainesville, Florida.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • jallen50
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 14, 2000
        I use http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm. They I go to
        http://www.grcdi.nl/linkspc.htm to get the zip code.

        > I have to share the good news! I have been writing to people whose
        names
        > are listed in the on line Slovak telephone book.

        What is the URL for this??
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David Dwyer- david.dwyer@...
        TD-SD-LD, Theatre Santa Fe
        Santa Fe Community College
        Gainesville, Florida.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Your old buddies are not out of range anymore. Free search with
        Military.com's Personnel Locator.
        http://click.egroups.com/1/4158/0/_/545880/_/963600339/
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 14, 2000
          I think they instruct you to leave off diacriticals.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2000
            At 09:54 PM 7/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
            >I think they instruct you to leave off diacriticals.
            I've used diacritics and it works with diacritics also. I think it
            translates "You may put in the data without diacritics."

            Janko
          • Tarzantu2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
              In a message dated 7/14/00 9:42:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
              jmatsko@... writes:

              << At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
              >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
              >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
              >Thanks,
              >Robin Hannig

              You don't have to use diacritic marks.

              Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname

              Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
              heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
              leave it blank)

              Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

              Císlo domu - House number if known

              Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
              one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

              Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

              Janko

              Thank you, thank you, thank you. Robin, for asking the question and Janko
              for providing the answer. I should have thought to ask the question myself
              months ago, as I struggled off and on to find a decent Slovack language
              translation dictionary on the internet. It must be one of those male things
              about asking for directions. LOL. Thanks again. I will use the white pages
              right away.

              Ray
            • jallen50
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
                Ray...I don't know if it will help you, but at least for translation of
                words, I use www.otpalca.sk/Aplik/Ang/anglictina.html. Some generous person
                took pity on me and gave me the site. Hope it helps!
                June

                jmatsko@... writes:

                << At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
                >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use
                the
                >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
                >Thanks,
                >Robin Hannig

                You don't have to use diacritic marks.

                Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname

                Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
                heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
                leave it blank)

                Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

                Císlo domu - House number if known

                Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
                one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

                Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

                Janko

                Thank you, thank you, thank you. Robin, for asking the question and Janko
                for providing the answer. I should have thought to ask the question myself
                months ago, as I struggled off and on to find a decent Slovack language
                translation dictionary on the internet. It must be one of those male things
                about asking for directions. LOL. Thanks again. I will use the white
                pages
                right away.

                Ray

                Get great brand name shoes with just the click of a mouse. Check out
                the huge selection at Zappos.com, the Web's Most Popular Store!
                http://click.egroups.com/1/6994/0/_/545880/_/963679243/
              • Tarzantu2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
                  June,
                  Thanks for the Otpalca translation site. In using the entire web address
                  www.otpalca.sk/Aplik/Ang/anglictina.html, I received a can't display page
                  msg. But, I was directed to just use www.otpalca.sk, and that got me into
                  the site.

                  I'm not sure if I have used this site before or not. I have 12 different
                  language dictionary/translation sites in my favorite places, in case anyone
                  would like to check out some different ones that they may not have.

                  The problem I find with all of them - and it's probably just a language
                  translation from English to whatever and vice-versa, that all the words don't
                  come back with the match we're looking for. There seems to be a lot of
                  variables. Sometimes where I know what the Slovak word means, I'll type it
                  in English and get the right Slovak word. But if I then type it in Slovak, I
                  don't get the same English word.

                  Anyway, if you would like to try this site, it covers a ton of languages <A
                  HREF="http://www.yourdictionary.com/">Click here: yourDictionary.com</A> for
                  those that get the blue hyper-link, otherwise use
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
                    Ray: That site is really something else! I can't think of a language not
                    represented! What a find of those who have records in multiple countries
                    with languages other than English that they must search through! Thanks for
                    the lead!!!
[...]

                    Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and find your ancestors now.
                    Search over 600 million names and trace your family tree today.
                    Click here:
                    http://click.egroups.com/1/7001/0/_/545880/_/963723703/
                  • Madrobnak@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
                      In a message dated 7/16/00 1:02:25 AM, Tarzantu2@... writes:

                      << http://www.yourdictionary.com/ >>

                      Thank you for giving everyone on the list this dictionary info. choirmn
                    • Tarzantu2@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
                        You're welcome, and I hope you noticed the Babelfish site also. It is
                        absolutely fantastic.
                        Ray

                        <<