Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: Translation and Location, Please

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2000
      At 11:23 AM 7/13/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >Rekfalu

      It looks like a part of the name may refer to village. When you use
      ShtetlSeeker, it lists 7 listings for Rek in Slovakia and 2 in
      Hungary. Then on the other hand, I may not know what I'm talking about (It
      would be a first ;-) ). Personally, I'd wait for Joe's input.

      -falu wick

      falu boonies, village

      falucska hamlet

      faluhely boonies

      falusi hayseed, rural, yokel, villager, hick

      falusi ember goop, yokel

      falusi fajankó bumpkin (hey, watch that fajanko business)

      falusi házikó bower

      Janko