Re: [S-R] What happened when someone died?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26 6:01 AM
      Yes, it is possible, but the property laws in place from then until
      present yielded dozens of partial owners.

      Start here: http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html

      This has been discussed previously at length. Be sure to check the group
      email archives.

      Bill.

      On Wed, March 26, 2008 8:39 am, robert_shive wrote:
      > My g-grandmother's Beganyi family included 5 brothers and 3 sisters.
      > All but one came to the US between 1895 and 1905. The oldest two
      > brothers were Josef Jr. and John. When their father Josef Sr. died in
      > 1903 (in Also Mislye), both guys appeared to return to Slovakland. As
      > nearly as I can tell, Josef Jr. never returned to the US; John
      > eventually did.
      >
      > I assume that old Hungary had laws regarding the passing on of an
      > estate. Would those have required the presence of Josef Jr.--or anyone-
      > -in person? Is it possible to get records of any of this stuff?

      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com