Re: [S-R] KOCSAN from JAROVNICE / SIROKMAN from LASTOMIR / Etymology of a name.

  • gklodzen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2008
      In a message dated 3/19/2008 3:34:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      lepus_rex@... writes:

      Anyways, I haven't
      been able to trace *my* Kocsans back quite that far, yet, and so of
      course can't prove a link. But Kocsans owning land there in 1715
      seems to imply a long presence there, no?

      ---Will Anderson

      Very likely, Will. At least that's the case with my Irish ancestors,
      landowners in Northern Ireland for many years. In addition I have to tell you that
      finding my Slovak ancestors, actually within just the past year and to a large
      extent with the help of numerous members of this Yahoogroups site, has been
      a most rewarding experience. Of course one answer always leads to another
      question, and with luck, another ancestor.

      Enjoy the search,
      Eugene Klodzen

      Home.