Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Next Step?

  • SalapaT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12 5:29 AM
      I just had to let everyone know about an exciting connection that I just
      made. I e-mailed a doctor in Bratislava that I found doing an internet
      search on my last name. I told him who I was and some information on my
      grandfather. He e-mailed me back after a couple of weeks with a general
      hello message and he would talk to some of his older family. I thanked him,
      and had not heard from him for about 5 weeks.

      Then this morning, I had an e-mail from him telling me that his family came
      from Lesne' which is the same town that I just found out that my family came
      from. I e-mailed him back with the names of my grandfather's mother and
      father that stayed in Slovakia so that he could see if they are part of his
      family. Since Salapa is not a very common name and we both came from the
      same town, I am sure that we are related. Now we just have to figure out
      how.

      It will be nice to have a relative that I can talk to that still lives in
      Slovakia. I think this is exciting, finding living relatives that you never
      knew.

      Tom Salapa
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12 12:12 PM