Re: Skype

  • Paul Guzowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2008
      Greetings,

      I used Skype for over five years when I was overseas and it works quite
      well. You can also establish a Skype-Out account by prepaying either 10 or
      25 euros and with that you can call both landlines and mobile phones over
      nearly the entire world. The rates vary based on what the cost of a local
      call is in the country you call. I called all the time from Lithuania and
      Slovakia back to the US for 2 eurocents per minute.

      A similar program is available with Yahoo Messenger Voice. One good thing
      about the Yahoo program (if you live in US or Canada) is that you pay in
      dollars and you can send SMS messages for free.

      That said, I still prefer Skype because I use Linux instead of Windows and
      there is a Skype client including video which runs on Linux.

      Paul in NW FL