Re: [S-R] Re: Kosice Airport Car rentals

  • Karen C
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
      I used Alimex when we arrived in Prague and drove all around the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I reserved the car through Orbitz and got what I thought was a very good price. We rented a Skoda which was a large hatchback car. We did leave some items in the car but unfortunately the Prague Alimex did not send me the items. They wouldn't pay for the items to be shipped (understandable) or send them if I paid in advance. I had to make arrangements to get them picked up. The only company I was able to find that did a pick up internationally was DHL.

      I rented a vehicle in Ireland from Europcar through Orbitz. I was charged nearly $300 more for one week than was quoted. Although, the Orbitz site clearly stated that the collision insurance was included in the quoted price, I was not able to convince the girl at the desk that this was the case. When I returned I sent the info to Orbitz and Europcar showing that I should not have been charged for the insurance, both stated that they agreed with me but that the other was responsible. After numerous emails to both I believe that Europcar was responsible. The Expedia site stated the same thing. Note: Both sites now state that the insurance is NOT included in the price. Though I do not think it was Orbitz' responsibility, they did offer a $100 voucher towards a future purchase on their site.

      I had no surprises on the car from Alimex and they actually offered a free upgrade.

      Driving in the Czech Republic and Slovakia was quite easy with great signs. We did find driving in the major cities more of a challenge. We really needed to purchase detailed maps in every city that we went to. I recently used my laptop with a USB GPS which worked great. I believe that you can download maps from Google Earth to work with your GPS device.

      Have a great trip.

      Karen