Kosice Airport Car rentals

  • smontko
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
      I was researching car rentals from the airport and remembered some
      members mentioning some alternatives. I searched the archives but can't
      seem to find the information. Can someone please offer some
      suggestions. I have rented several times and I am just looking for a
      reasonable price.

      Thanks

      Sam
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
        >>> I was researching car rentals from the airport and remembered some
        > members mentioning some alternatives. I searched the archives but
        can't seem to find the information. Can someone please offer some
        suggestions. I have rented several times and I am just looking for a
        reasonable price. <<<

        The airport web site lists six car rental firms.
        http://eng.airportkosice.sk/c/portal_public/layout?p_l_id=26.56
        car rentals phone fax email
        HERTZ +421.55.7896041 +421.55.7896042 ksc@...
        AVIS +421.55.6433099 +421.55.6433099 ksc@...
        ALIMEX +421.55.7290100 +421.55.7290105 kosco@...
        EUROPCAR +421.55.6832132 - -
        SIXT +421.55.6234949 +421.55.6234949 kosice@...
        BUDGET +421.918.973.821 b.rybicka@...
      • J Michutka
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
          Unless things have changed in the last couple years, you will get a
          better rate if you pick up/return the car from a location other than
          the airport (eg if they have a desk at a hotel, or if they will
          deliver it to your hotel). That means you find some other way to get
          from the airport (and later, back to the airport), but the savings
          used to be worth it, there was a big difference in price. I'd check
          those rental companies' websites for other locations in Kosice.

          Best of luck getting a good price!

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...

          On Mar 10, 2008, at 11:51 AM, johnqadam wrote:

          >> members mentioning some alternatives. I searched the archives but
          > can't seem to find the information. Can someone please offer some
          > suggestions. I have rented several times and I am just looking for a
          > reasonable price. <<<
          >
          > The airport web site lists six car rental firms.
        • MILAN HUBA
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
            I go to Europe every year and always rent a car. I found that Alimex had the best price and provides the best service. I once left some documents in a rental car in Prague. The people at Alimex gave me a telephone call to America telling me that they found the documents and then they mailed them to me. The have nice new clean cars.

            I had a very bad experiece with Eurocar. They ended up charging we nearly double the amount that was originally quoted to me. It took me nearly a years to clear up the mess and get my money back working through the credit card company and the travel agent. Milan Huba

            johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
            >>> I was researching car rentals from the airport and remembered some
            > members mentioning some alternatives. I searched the archives but
            can't seem to find the information. Can someone please offer some
            suggestions. I have rented several times and I am just looking for a
            reasonable price. <<<

            The airport web site lists six car rental firms.
            http://eng.airportkosice.sk/c/portal_public/layout?p_l_id=26.56
            car rentals phone fax email
            HERTZ +421.55.7896041 +421.55.7896042 ksc@...
            AVIS +421.55.6433099 +421.55.6433099 ksc@...
            ALIMEX +421.55.7290100 +421.55.7290105 kosco@...
            EUROPCAR +421.55.6832132 - -
            SIXT +421.55.6234949 +421.55.6234949 kosice@...
            BUDGET +421.918.973.821 b.rybicka@...

          • Karen C
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
              I used Alimex when we arrived in Prague and drove all around the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I reserved the car through Orbitz and got what I thought was a very good price. We rented a Skoda which was a large hatchback car. We did leave some items in the car but unfortunately the Prague Alimex did not send me the items. They wouldn't pay for the items to be shipped (understandable) or send them if I paid in advance. I had to make arrangements to get them picked up. The only company I was able to find that did a pick up internationally was DHL.

              I rented a vehicle in Ireland from Europcar through Orbitz. I was charged nearly $300 more for one week than was quoted. Although, the Orbitz site clearly stated that the collision insurance was included in the quoted price, I was not able to convince the girl at the desk that this was the case. When I returned I sent the info to Orbitz and Europcar showing that I should not have been charged for the insurance, both stated that they agreed with me but that the other was responsible. After numerous emails to both I believe that Europcar was responsible. The Expedia site stated the same thing. Note: Both sites now state that the insurance is NOT included in the price. Though I do not think it was Orbitz' responsibility, they did offer a $100 voucher towards a future purchase on their site.

              I had no surprises on the car from Alimex and they actually offered a free upgrade.

              Driving in the Czech Republic and Slovakia was quite easy with great signs. We did find driving in the major cities more of a challenge. We really needed to purchase detailed maps in every city that we went to. I recently used my laptop with a USB GPS which worked great. I believe that you can download maps from Google Earth to work with your GPS device.

              Have a great trip.

              Karen