Re: [S-R] Re: OLEJAR, FALLAT, BARTOS, OLENICK, NEPELA

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
      Hi David, I have also seen Olejar while researching my Bartos family.
      Where exactly are the Saris Highlands? my grandmother's family is in Presov
      district from Raslavice.
      Noreen

      There are also BARTOS in SIROKE parish in the SARIS HIGHLANDS just west of
      the city of PRESOV. And I have seen the OLEJAR surname there as well. Both
      surnames appear in records relating to my BALOGA (BALOG) clan.

      Best regards,

      David

    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
        Hi Noreen:

        The villages of VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA in SIROKE parish is where my BALOGA
        family comes from, and I've seen the BARTOS surname among the godparents in
        early generations (1800's) in these villages. The OLEJAR surname, if my memory
        is correct, was also connected, as godparents, to a member of my clan in the
        neighboring parish of KLUKNAVA (villages of KLUKNAVA, RICHNAVA, HRISOVCE).

        Best regards,

        David

      • sammzmom406
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
          I'd love a copy. My grandmother's maiden name was Olenik - the above
          might be a variant.

          Thanks for the offer!

          Janet McKinley