Re: [S-R] Re: OLEJAR, FALLAT, BARTOS, OLENICK, NEPELA

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
      There are also BARTOS in SIROKE parish in the SARIS HIGHLANDS just west of
      the city of PRESOV. And I have seen the OLEJAR surname there as well. Both
      surnames appear in records relating to my BALOGA (BALOG) clan.

      Best regards,

      David

    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
        Hi David, I have also seen Olejar while researching my Bartos family.
        Where exactly are the Saris Highlands? my grandmother's family is in Presov
        district from Raslavice.
        Noreen

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
          Hi Noreen:

          The villages of VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA in SIROKE parish is where my BALOGA
          family comes from, and I've seen the BARTOS surname among the godparents in
          early generations (1800's) in these villages. The OLEJAR surname, if my memory
          is correct, was also connected, as godparents, to a member of my clan in the
          neighboring parish of KLUKNAVA (villages of KLUKNAVA, RICHNAVA, HRISOVCE).

          Best regards,

          David

        • sammzmom406
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
            I'd love a copy. My grandmother's maiden name was Olenik - the above
            might be a variant.

            Thanks for the offer!

            Janet McKinley