OLEJAR, FALLAT, BARTOS, OLENICK, NEPELA

  • mabensh
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
      My mom was going through her bookshelves and found back issues from the
      1970s of "Children's Friend" a Slovak magazine. The above surnames
      appear in the Jan. 1973 issue.

      As I read through the journals (they are only about 16 pages), I will
      post other prominent surnames that appear. If anyone wants a copy of
      the article in which the surname is listed, I will be happy to scan and
      send it along.
    • amvalentz
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
        Could you please send me it? Bartos is my grandmothers name :)

      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
          Bartos is also my grandmother's name. She was from Presov county.

          Could you please send me it? Bartos is my grandmothers name :)

        • david1law@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
            There are also BARTOS in SIROKE parish in the SARIS HIGHLANDS just west of
            the city of PRESOV. And I have seen the OLEJAR surname there as well. Both
            surnames appear in records relating to my BALOGA (BALOG) clan.

            Best regards,

            David

          • nhasior@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
              Hi David, I have also seen Olejar while researching my Bartos family.
              Where exactly are the Saris Highlands? my grandmother's family is in Presov
              district from Raslavice.
              Noreen

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
                Hi Noreen:

                The villages of VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA in SIROKE parish is where my BALOGA
                family comes from, and I've seen the BARTOS surname among the godparents in
                early generations (1800's) in these villages. The OLEJAR surname, if my memory
                is correct, was also connected, as godparents, to a member of my clan in the
                neighboring parish of KLUKNAVA (villages of KLUKNAVA, RICHNAVA, HRISOVCE).

                Best regards,

                David

              • sammzmom406
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
                  I'd love a copy. My grandmother's maiden name was Olenik - the above
                  might be a variant.

                  Thanks for the offer!

                  Janet McKinley