Re: [S-R] No Visa required for Canada

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008

      Passports are quite common and nearly everyone has one. Until the
      recent Shengen Agreement, they needed a passport, now merely an identoy
      card to cross borders.
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
        Since they became members of the EUROPEAN UNION no passports were
        required to visit any of the Shengen treaty countries and you went
        trough the border showing your identity card. Much lee questions
        asked like we used to here by the USA or Canadian border patrol
        officers. You do need a passport to England as they aren't members of
        the Shengen treaty. I was wondering when I wen through the check at
        the Heathrow airport in London and then again at Swechatt in VIenna
        Austria. And that stays. Arriving from England you have to show your
        passport. Another news at Heathrow is that now after two or more
        years you can have once again two carry on bags.

        Vladi

        At 07:14 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

        >Passports are quite common and nearly everyone has one. Until the
        >recent Shengen Agreement, they needed a passport, now merely an identoy
        >card to cross borders.

      • Paul Guzowski
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
          Greetings,

          I think there may be some misunderstanding floating around about the
          Schengen Agreement and travel within Europe. For those who may want to
          become more familiar with the differences between the European Union, the
          Schengen Zone, and the Euro Zone, you can check out these links:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurozone

          Hope these help.