Re: [S-R] No Visa required for Canada

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
      Is visa and passport the same thing? will they still need anything else to go
      to canada?
      thanks jennifer

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
        Travelers from Slovakia will still need a passport -
        all international travelers do - but they won't have
        the expense and headache of getting a visa (permission
        to enter for a certain time period) which was not
        often not granted and caused a lot of heart ache and
        uncertainty.

        helene

        --- bemimitwo@... wrote:

        > Is visa and passport the same thing? will they still
        > need anything else to go
        > to canada?
        > thanks jennifer

        > removed]

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • bemimitwo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
          Thanks Helene,
          I was told that a passport was difficult and expensive to obtain but now I
          wonder if that was because they needed both? Visa and passport?
          I thought that could be I could meet my CZ family in Canada?
          Do you know how hard is it for them to get a passport?
          Thanks Jen

          2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008

            Passports are quite common and nearly everyone has one. Until the
            recent Shengen Agreement, they needed a passport, now merely an identoy
            card to cross borders.
          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
              Since they became members of the EUROPEAN UNION no passports were
              required to visit any of the Shengen treaty countries and you went
              trough the border showing your identity card. Much lee questions
              asked like we used to here by the USA or Canadian border patrol
              officers. You do need a passport to England as they aren't members of
              the Shengen treaty. I was wondering when I wen through the check at
              the Heathrow airport in London and then again at Swechatt in VIenna
              Austria. And that stays. Arriving from England you have to show your
              passport. Another news at Heathrow is that now after two or more
              years you can have once again two carry on bags.

              Vladi

              At 07:14 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

              >Passports are quite common and nearly everyone has one. Until the
              >recent Shengen Agreement, they needed a passport, now merely an identoy
              >card to cross borders.

            • Paul Guzowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
                Greetings,

                I think there may be some misunderstanding floating around about the
                Schengen Agreement and travel within Europe. For those who may want to
                become more familiar with the differences between the European Union, the
                Schengen Zone, and the Euro Zone, you can check out these links:

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurozone

                Hope these help.