Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Digest Number 309

  • billebears@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi everybody,

      I want to introduce myself because I am pretty new to this list. I am
      Sibylle, german, 30 years old, mom of two wonderful children and as most of
      you i have slovac roots. My grandparents from my mothers side came from there
      and emigrated to Germany during the second world war, because they were
      germans from the paper but always lived in Slovakia. My grandfathers surname
      was (he died 1978) Turek and my grandmothers surname before marriage was
      Kupka. By coincidence I am married to my DH Bernd. His parents come from the
      same region, emmigrated to Germany 1965. They surnames are Hawlitschek
      (origin spelling probably Havliczek) and the girls name of my mother-in-law
      is Slawik (or Slavik). We do not have any proof if someone of those families
      emigrated the last century to the States, but maybe some of you know families
      with these names ?

      Hope to hear from some of you. Have a nice day !

      Sibylle Hawlitschek
    • David Mothkovich
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2000
        I served in the Air Force in 1981-1983 with a Kupka who was from Michigan.
        Sorry I don't know any more, can't even remember the mans first name.
        Dave
        > I want to introduce myself because I am pretty new to this list. I am
        > Sibylle, german, 30 years old, mom of two wonderful children and as most
        of
        > you i have slovac roots. My grandparents from my mothers side came from
        there
        > and emigrated to Germany during the second world war, because they were
        > germans from the paper but always lived in Slovakia. My grandfathers
        surname
        > was (he died 1978) Turek and my grandmothers surname before marriage was
        > Kupka. By coincidence I am married to my DH Bernd. His parents come from
        the
        > same region, emmigrated to Germany 1965. They surnames are Hawlitschek
        > (origin spelling probably Havliczek) and the girls name of my
        mother-in-law
        > is Slawik (or Slavik). We do not have any proof if someone of those
        families
        > emigrated the last century to the States, but maybe some of you know
        families
        > with these names ?
        >
        > Hope to hear from some of you. Have a nice day !
        >
        > Sibylle Hawlitschek

        > Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
        > Conference in the whole family on the same call.
        > Let the fights begin! Visit Firetalk.com - Click below.

      • Brecosky
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2000
          I have relatives on my mother's maternal side that were Kupka (now Cupka).
          The were originally from the Cigelka area of then Austria-Hungary. I have
          the LDS church films on order, but have not yet research this surname.

          Anita (Kersnick) Brecosky
          Researching: Bereszky, Blisak, Blishok, Consuga, Consugar, Cupka, Host,
          Hoszt, Karsnyak, Kersnick, Kupka, Leskanin, Mesarc, Mirdala, Sztasko, Vanik
          and Zakutansky in Saris and Zemplen areas of Austria-Hungary.