Re: [S-R] Klaczan

  • gklodzen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 7, 2008
      Janet, Vladimir and All,

      To add a little more information with regard to our recent discussion of
      villages Rajecz, Klacsan and Kladzan:

      In searching through the old Hungarian map, circa 1910:

      _http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/zemplen.jpg_
      (http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/zemplen.jpg)

      I've found the old village of Kladzan to be in Zemplin County at these
      coordinates:

      21 degrees, 45 minutes, & 48 degrees, 45 minutes (hope that's the right
      terminology)

      As village Kladzan was considerably closer to present day Vinne then was
      village Klaczan (located in Trencen County) I'm speculating now that perhaps my
      KLADZAN ancestors found in Vinne may have had their origins in village
      Kladzan rather then the more distant village Klacsan. And, as the spelling of
      both the ancestral surname and the village are identical, it seems a likely
      possibility.

      So, next up will be a search of records (church and others) covering years
      prior to 1812, the year of the earliest KLADZAN found in Vinne. Any thoughts
      or suggestions would, as always, be much appreciated.

      Many thanks,
      Eugene Klodzen (researching KLADZAN, PIKULA, HLADKY, LABADA)

      48)