Re: Kosztelne

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
      >>> I found Tomas Kovacik in the Ellis Island New York passanger lists.
      His birth location is Kosztelne. Does anyone know where that is? <<<

      There are several mapped possibilities. HOWEVER, based upon the
      erroneously written Nyitra Megye in other instances of Kosztelne, I
      would suggest one near Nitra = Kostolany pod Tribecom.

      Where are other family members from?
    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
        Dear Joanne,
        The place is now called Kostolne, and is just below Stara Tura, left of Nove
        Mesto nad Vahom.
        Other surnames traveling with Kovaciks from there confirm the correct
        location.
        This is my backyard.
        Vladimir

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
          I would also suggest you to have a look at Kovacsik, which is the same
          surname. There were several, coming from Kostolne. Ignore misspellings.
          Vladimir

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
            Kostol means church.
            People here often say also Kostel.
            This explains why there is sometimes Kostolne and sometimes Kostelne. All
            the same place.
            Vladimir

            _____