Re: scan of a village page? for Joanne Liston

  • J Michutka
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
      Joanne,

      I can offer you a scan of the entry for Osuske in Vlastivedny Slovnik
      Obci na Slovensku, a sort of encyclopedia of all the villages, towns,
      and cities of Slovakia (published in the 1970s). The entry gives
      basic info such as names the town has had at different periods of
      time, population at different periods of time, altitude, size in
      hectares, very very brief historical info, monuments and landmarks
      (the architectural style of the church(es) and their dating is often
      in this category). The entry is in Slovak, so you would have to find
      someone to translate it for you if you don't know Slovak, although I
      will also give you the section headings which makes some categories
      such as population easy to understand. It's a small place--I have
      the entry in front of me--no population above 900 between 1869 and 1970.

      Holler if you'd like me to scan and email the entry to you.

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...

      > Bill,
      > What is a village page? I am looking for information on the
      > village of Osuske north east of Bratislava. Would that be found on
      > a village page?
      > Joanne Liston
    • ROBERT LISTON
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
        Dear Julie,
        I would be forever grateful to you for a scan of the page you have but I am not sure how to holler in an email :>).
        Thank you, Joanne