Kosztelne

  • bojomo42
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
      I found Tomas Kovacik in the Ellis Island New York passanger lists. His
      birth location is Kosztelne. Does anyone know where that is? Thank you.
      Joanne Liston
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
        >>> I found Tomas Kovacik in the Ellis Island New York passanger lists.
        His birth location is Kosztelne. Does anyone know where that is? <<<

        There are several mapped possibilities. HOWEVER, based upon the
        erroneously written Nyitra Megye in other instances of Kosztelne, I
        would suggest one near Nitra = Kostolany pod Tribecom.

        Where are other family members from?
      • konekta@nm.psg.sk
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
          Dear Joanne,
          The place is now called Kostolne, and is just below Stara Tura, left of Nove
          Mesto nad Vahom.
          Other surnames traveling with Kovaciks from there confirm the correct
          location.
          This is my backyard.
          Vladimir

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
            I would also suggest you to have a look at Kovacsik, which is the same
            surname. There were several, coming from Kostolne. Ignore misspellings.
            Vladimir

            _____

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2008
              Kostol means church.
              People here often say also Kostel.
              This explains why there is sometimes Kostolne and sometimes Kostelne. All
              the same place.
              Vladimir

              _____