Re: [S-R] Szemley query

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
      I am Polish as well as Slovak and when doing research on the Polish side, I
      used a site called "Rymut"
      I put in your query for the surname search for Szemley and in 1992, there
      was 1 person in present day Poland named Szemley and they lived in Krakow. I
      then put in "Szeml ", leaving off the ending, to do a longer search and the
      results are in the box below.
      Nazwisko means surname.
      Ogolna liczba means number of people with that name and
      Rozmieszczenie roughly means what district they were located at that time.
      A more recent search, after Rymut, to my knowledge has not been done on
      surnames in Poland.
      the home site for Rymut is:
      _http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/_ (http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/)
      I hope that this may give you some leads.

      pknebler@... writes:

      Szemley

      Nazwisko Ogólna liczba Rozmieszczenie Szemla 82 Wa:5, BB:42, Ka:25,
      Ki:2, NS:5, Wr:3 Szemlej 11 Wa:1, Go:2, Wr:8 Szemlet 4 Pr:4 Szemlewski 2 El:2
      Szemley 1 Kr:1 Szemlij 15 Go:11, Ka:4 Szemlik 1 Ka:1 Szemliński 10 Ka:10

      48)

    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
        The "box " did not appear in the previous post. Please go to
        _http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/_ (http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/)
        when the site comes up, click on to
        _"Słownika Nazwisk Współcześnie w Polsce Używanych"_
        (http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/indexslo.html) ,
        put the surname in the search box and click "Szukaj"
        the box with the surnames will appear.
        good luck (http://www.herby.com.pl/herby/)

        48)