Re: [S-R] Who wanted a scan of a village page? for Joanne Liston

  • ROBERT LISTON
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
      June,
      Thanks!
      Joanne

      June McKee <junemckee@...> wrote:
      Joanne,
      Bill just offered a page from a book with a picture of a church that I was interested in from the home villiage of my grandparents . that is all this page was about.
      June McKee

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
        Joanne,

        I can offer you a scan of the entry for Osuske in Vlastivedny Slovnik
        Obci na Slovensku, a sort of encyclopedia of all the villages, towns,
        and cities of Slovakia (published in the 1970s). The entry gives
        basic info such as names the town has had at different periods of
        time, population at different periods of time, altitude, size in
        hectares, very very brief historical info, monuments and landmarks
        (the architectural style of the church(es) and their dating is often
        in this category). The entry is in Slovak, so you would have to find
        someone to translate it for you if you don't know Slovak, although I
        will also give you the section headings which makes some categories
        such as population easy to understand. It's a small place--I have
        the entry in front of me--no population above 900 between 1869 and 1970.

        Holler if you'd like me to scan and email the entry to you.

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...

        > Bill,
        > What is a village page? I am looking for information on the
        > village of Osuske north east of Bratislava. Would that be found on
        > a village page?
        > Joanne Liston
      • ROBERT LISTON
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
          Dear Julie,
          I would be forever grateful to you for a scan of the page you have but I am not sure how to holler in an email :>).
          Thank you, Joanne