RE: [S-R] KRAJCZAR/GRAJCIAZ Village

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2008
      This is one of those villages that went by a lot of names and various
      spellings. One of its Hungarian names, and the one you're most likely to
      find it under, was Kiralynep. LDS has only Greek Catholic records for this
      village. If you are looking for Roman Catholic records, they will be with
      Lapispatak; Evangelical with Felsokemence, and Reformed with Vajkoc.

      Csanyi is a Hungarian spelling and means literally "from Csany." There are
      82 entries for Csanyi in the Slovak phone directory, but most of them seem
      to be in the west. Perhaps Zlatica can look to see if any are from your area
      of interest.

      Janet

      _____