KRAJCZAR/GRAJCIAZ Village

  • John Charney
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2008
      I want to get any information on the village KRAJCZAR/GRAJCIAZ.
      This village is located about 14 km south of Kosice on 68/E71 and east
      of Bociar.

      I believe my grandfather (Jozef CSANYI) came from this village in 1895.
      (village name was on baptism extract of my uncle; Jozef's first child)

      Can I find the names of the current residents of this village?

      Where would the birth, marriage and death records be located?

      I also noticed that there was a village called CSANY (1897 map) in the
      same area, could this village be related to my grandfather?

      John
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2008
        This is one of those villages that went by a lot of names and various
        spellings. One of its Hungarian names, and the one you're most likely to
        find it under, was Kiralynep. LDS has only Greek Catholic records for this
        village. If you are looking for Roman Catholic records, they will be with
        Lapispatak; Evangelical with Felsokemence, and Reformed with Vajkoc.

        Csanyi is a Hungarian spelling and means literally "from Csany." There are
        82 entries for Csanyi in the Slovak phone directory, but most of them seem
        to be in the west. Perhaps Zlatica can look to see if any are from your area
        of interest.

        Janet

        _____