RE: [S-R] Inflation of Holocaust victims

  • Paul Paulochik
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
      Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The Holocaust",
      no matter who the victims. That's why you see the phrase "Jews killed in
      the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

      From: Paul Paulochik <paulpaulochik@
      <mailto:paulpaulochik%40charter.net> charter.net>
      Date: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:43 am
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Jewish Victims in Villages
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com

      > If you wonder why, substitute the term "political opponents" for the
      > term "Communists". The broader term would also cover priests,
      > intelligentsia, private citizens or groups vocally objecting to the
      > State, etc etc

      yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-
      treimer@nycap. <mailto:treimer%40nycap.rr.com> rr.com
      > Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:35 AM
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [S-R] Jewish Victims in Villages
      >

      > I wonder why the Holocaust includes Communists...

      yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/

      > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      > http://www.yahoogro <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>
      ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank
      > email to SLOVAK-ROOTS-
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

    • treimer@nycap.rr.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
        I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
        Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

      • jump4toys@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
          Well, Hitlers plan was to eliminate the Jews, those who were Jewish because
          of birth. Even if you were 1/16th Jewish, you were considered a Jew. Along
          the way, the others were eliminated too. But the term Holocaust I believe
          became associated with this after the war, not during.

          I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
          Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

          > Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The
          > Holocaust",no matter who the victims. That's why you see the
          > phrase "Jews killed in
          > the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

          48)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
            OK folks, I am putting the lid on this topic. It's moved too far away
            from Slovakia Genealogy. Please discontinue or we will revert to
            moderated mode.

            Thanks for understanding.

            Back to Genealogy!

            Bill Tarkulich