Inflation of Holocaust victims

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
      Paul,

      Still, that's not the same as being killed for being born, instead of
      for deeds. There is nothing peculiarily holocausty about shooting
      opponents, dozens of regimes have done that, and still do.
      Or is being shot for being an opponent of the Nazis somehow worse than
      being shot for being an opponent of the Communists, or of the
      Beneshists?

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
        Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The Holocaust",
        no matter who the victims. That's why you see the phrase "Jews killed in
        the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

        <mailto:paulpaulochik%40charter.net> charter.net>
        Date: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:43 am
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com

        treimer@nycap. <mailto:treimer%40nycap.rr.com> rr.com
        > Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:35 AM
        > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [S-R] Jewish Victims in Villages
        >

        > I wonder why the Holocaust includes Communists...

        yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/

        > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        > http://www.yahoogro <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>
        ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank
        > email to SLOVAK-ROOTS-
        <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • treimer@nycap.rr.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
          I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
          Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

        • jump4toys@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
            Well, Hitlers plan was to eliminate the Jews, those who were Jewish because
            of birth. Even if you were 1/16th Jewish, you were considered a Jew. Along
            the way, the others were eliminated too. But the term Holocaust I believe
            became associated with this after the war, not during.

            I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
            Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

            > Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The
            > Holocaust",no matter who the victims. That's why you see the
            > phrase "Jews killed in
            > the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

            48)

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
              OK folks, I am putting the lid on this topic. It's moved too far away
              from Slovakia Genealogy. Please discontinue or we will revert to
              moderated mode.

              Thanks for understanding.

              Back to Genealogy!

              Bill Tarkulich