RE: [S-R] Jewish Victims in Villages

  • Paul Paulochik
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
      If you wonder why, substitute the term "political opponents" for the
      term "Communists". The broader term would also cover priests,
      intelligentsia, private citizens or groups vocally objecting to the
      State, etc etc

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
        Paul,

        Still, that's not the same as being killed for being born, instead of
        for deeds. There is nothing peculiarily holocausty about shooting
        opponents, dozens of regimes have done that, and still do.
        Or is being shot for being an opponent of the Nazis somehow worse than
        being shot for being an opponent of the Communists, or of the
        Beneshists?

        Thomas

        > If you wonder why, substitute the term "political opponents" for the
        > term "Communists". The broader term would also cover priests,
        > intelligentsia, private citizens or groups vocally objecting to the
        > State, etc etc

      • Paul Paulochik
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
          Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The Holocaust",
          no matter who the victims. That's why you see the phrase "Jews killed in
          the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

          <mailto:paulpaulochik%40charter.net> charter.net>
          Date: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:43 am
          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com

          treimer@nycap. <mailto:treimer%40nycap.rr.com> rr.com
          > Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:35 AM
          > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [S-R] Jewish Victims in Villages
          >

          > I wonder why the Holocaust includes Communists...

          yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/

          > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
          > http://www.yahoogro <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>
          ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank
          > email to SLOVAK-ROOTS-
          <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • treimer@nycap.rr.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 24, 2008
            I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
            Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

          • jump4toys@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
              Well, Hitlers plan was to eliminate the Jews, those who were Jewish because
              of birth. Even if you were 1/16th Jewish, you were considered a Jew. Along
              the way, the others were eliminated too. But the term Holocaust I believe
              became associated with this after the war, not during.

              I disagree. The Holocaust is people killed for what they were born as.
              Political repression is not part of the Holocaust.

              > Missing the point. The entire episode is referred to as "The
              > Holocaust",no matter who the victims. That's why you see the
              > phrase "Jews killed in
              > the Holocaust", not "Jews killed, i.e., the Holocaust".

              48)

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 25, 2008
                OK folks, I am putting the lid on this topic. It's moved too far away
                from Slovakia Genealogy. Please discontinue or we will revert to
                moderated mode.

                Thanks for understanding.

                Back to Genealogy!

                Bill Tarkulich