Help with SLovak and Czech Societies

  • Jeniffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2008
      Does anyone know where Czech and Slovak Families might have registared
      before settling in states like Alabama, Ohio, Illionis, Pennsylvania. I
      have learned that my family traveled to other states to work in the
      mines. I know for sure that they settled in Jefferson conty Alabama but
      the state has no records for their names when it comes to Immigration
      or naturization. I was thinking of looking for a national Slovak
      reigistar maybe Czech and Slovak families joined after their
      immigration, no matter what state they live in?? Can anyone help me The
      immigrated in the 1900's early.. and were born in Austria but from what
      I heard they claimed they were Slovak.. I need help. Please email back
      Thanks JEniffer from California
    • David Y.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2008
        I recommend checking with the National Slovak Society if you had a miner in your family tree.
        They had my grandfather's life insurance application with all of his children, siblings, parents names, ages,
        and more.