Map of Presov

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2008
      Hallo Michael Mojher,

      Thank you so much for helping me find the location of the cemetery in Presov. From an old letter, I know that the Makara's lived near it, on prob. Pod Kalvariou. Gr. Grandfather made coffins, according to family history. He was a carpenter

      On the www.PIS.SK/portal site, under Mapa mesta Presov, I found a very good detailed map, and on hand of your directions, I was able to find the Church St. Kriza and I believe the cemetery is marked on there. I see on there many houses and I imagine, one of those houses is, where Grandfather Stefan grew up. It makes me feel good.

      Thank you very much for your help.
      Christine

    • maxine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2008
        Hi, thanks for the info about the map! However, my browser stated it will not support it. Can you send a copy of the map to us. thanks in
        advance maxine sasala

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2008
          Hi Maxine,
          The map I was talking about, only comes in small segments.

          When you are on the "Presov Map site", "mapa mesta" site, you will see on the bottom a window with a down arrow. Choose a street name, I chose "Pod Kalvariou", and with your mouse you can then navigate the site, via those sliders on the side and below.
          I don't think you can send it anywhere, exept to the printer, which I did. We would have to ask a person, more computer savvy than me.
          Christine.