MIKO

  • kathiraisa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2000
      Hello

      I am looking for information on the family of my grandmother Sofie Miko. She
      came to the US maybe in 1893. She married George J. Petrick maybe in 1908
      and had 3 children. She initially lived in NYC (Manhattan) then in Edison,
      NJ. She died in January of 1956. She said she was born in Hungary, but I do
      not know the name of the town or village nor the name of her parents, In
      the newspaper announcement of her death it mentions two sisters, Lena Faybik
      and Margaret McGee of New London, CT and a brother Stephen Miko of Newark, NJ.

      It seems that the original spelling of her name was Zofie.

      Thank you.
      Kathi-Raisa Petrick
      Cockeysville, MD
    • CPRAMUKA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
        In a message dated 6/30/00 2:18:59 AM, SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com writes:

        << I am looking for information on the family of my grandmother Sofie Miko. >>
        Kathi,

        I know there are MIKO's in the village of Lipany, Saris, Slovakia, but the
        name MIKO and MIKA are not exclusive to this village.

        Dee Taylor
        CPRAMUKA@...