Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] [Admin] about Rootsweb's merger today

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2000
      At 03:03 PM 6/23/00 -0400, you wrote:

      >Since I joined this list, I have been a listener and have learned much
      about Slovakia, the region I'm researching. I would love to be a
      contributor, but I have much to learn first. When I first joined, the
      postings were thoughtful and the information obtained was good. There is
      an excellent base of people within the list who are very gracious with
      their time to help all of us.<

      >Lately it seems that a layer of thin skin has covered a number of our
      group. I haven't paid much attention to note whether it is newcomers or
      oldtimers. Now we're fighting over ancestral religion, the Mormons intent
      for afterlife, how people's words are taken, etc. It's about time we all
      grow up. This list is comprised of beginner genealogists up to the
      professional level. Many questions will be asked and there will be a
      difference of opinion as to the answers. We should be able to accept all
      answers in the spirit in which they were given, without feeling slighted or
      insulted.<

      From another list:

      "Email seems so one-on-one and personal, more like spoken communication
      than written. We write it like we were giving lectures, and we read it like
      we were being scolded."

      Janko
    • lkocik@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 26, 2000