Krempasky family Dubovica, Saris County

  • betseyannk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
      Hello, I am new to this group and look forward to being a member.

      I am fortunate that my family has always kept in contact with my
      grandmother's family in Vitaz, Saris so I have plenty of information
      from that side of the family.

      However, my great-grandfather's, Andrej Krempasky, birthplace and
      family has remained elusive. Andrej was born c. 1854, traveled to
      Vitaz in the 1880's as an itinerant carpenter and woodworker and
      married Maria Stasikova circa 1886. He went to the United States once
      in the 1890's and worked for the railroad in the now abandoned lumber
      town of Ricketts, west of Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. He returned to
      Vitaz circa 1900 and remained there until he died in 1934. Andrej's
      only surviving child was born in Vitaz and is my grandfather.

      Andrej's younger brother, Jan Krempasky, was born circa 1864. Jan
      Krempasky married Maria (maiden name unknown)circa 1892. Maria, and
      her 2 young sons, Josef and Stefan emigrated in 1899 to join Jan
      Krempasky in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. They now spell their name Krempacky. My
      grandfather, Jan, also emigrated to Wilkes-Barre, Pa. in 1904.

      Family oral history is that Andrej Krempasky was from Dubovica,Saris
      County and had 4 additional brothers who came to the United States and
      settled in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit and Canada. I don't even
      know their first names.

      Has anyone come across any Krempasky's in or near Dubovica, Saris
      County circa 1840 to 1880? Krempasky is a surname almost exclusively
      from Spis County. I've already thoroughly searched the internet
      databases and have had no luck. I've found a number of Krempasky's but
      no connection to my great-grandfather, Andrej.

      I haven't tried FHL yet, though. Hope to have the opportunity this Spring.

      Thank you very much.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
        BASIC RESEARCH HELP
        For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
        site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

        CENTER (FHC)
        www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
        (zomreli).

        >>> However, my great-grandfather's, Andrej Krempasky, birthplace and
        family has remained elusive. Andrej was born c. 1854, traveled to
        Vitaz in the 1880's as an itinerant carpenter and woodworker and
        married Maria Stasikova circa 1886. <<<

        The church marriage record (generally wife's parish) will show
        Andrej's birthplace and age.

        >>> Andrej's younger brother, Jan Krempasky, was born circa 1864. Jan
        Krempasky married Maria (maiden name unknown)circa 1892. Maria, and
        her 2 young sons, Josef and Stefan emigrated in 1899 to join Jan
        Krempasky in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. <<<

        Maria Krempaski + Stefan + Josef are shown on Ellis Island arriving
        August 22, 1899. They are from Nagy Vitez, Saros Megye = county.

        LDS has the 1869 Hungarian Census for Nagy Vitez.
        Nagy-Vitéz(Víaz) Film #2189251 Item 4

        >>> Family oral history is that Andrej Krempasky was from
        Dubovica,Saris County and had 4 additional brothers <<<

        LDS has the 1869 Hungarian Census for Dubovica. Dubovica is 19 km due
        north of Vitaz (as the crow flies).
        Dobó (Dubovica) Film #2150622 Item 5

        >>> I haven't tried FHL yet, though. Hope to have the opportunity
        this Spring. <<<

        Don't wait for spring. Time is marching on!!!!!
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
          >>> I am fortunate that my family has always kept in contact with my
          grandmother's family in Vitaz, Saris <<<

          Church records for Vitaz are likely shown as Siroke when looking them
          up at LDS.
        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
            Been to VITAZ many times.

            Vladi

            At 10:44 AM 1/8/2008, you wrote:

            >grandmother's family in Vitaz, Saris <<<
            >
            >Church records for Vitaz are likely shown as Siroke when looking them
            >up at LDS.

          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
              I got 83 videos on youtube. Take look

              http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=vladi49
            • Judy G
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
                The Roman Catholic ones are Siroke. Lutheran records
                are another town (not at my fingertip at the moment .
                . . a little east of Vitaz).

                --- johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

                > contact with my
                > grandmother's family in Vitaz, Saris <<<
                >
                > Church records for Vitaz are likely shown as Siroke
                > when looking them
                > up at LDS.

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Jim
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
                  I think there are four parishes where you might find church records.

                  Siroke � RC

                  Sabinov � RC [probably not as many]

                  Klenov � GC

                  Chminianske Jakubovany � Evan.

                  Ref: HYPERLINK "http://tinyurl.com/2nvayx"http://tinyurl.com/2nvayx

                  Pages: 133, 155, 302, 346

                  _____

                  The Roman Catholic ones are Siroke. Lutheran records
                  are another town (not at my fingertip at the moment .
                  . . a little east of Vitaz).

                  --- johnqadam <HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:johnqadam%40rogers.com"johnqadam@rogers.-com> wrote:

                  > contact with my
                  > grandmother'-s family in Vitaz, Saris <<<
                  >
                  > Church records for Vitaz are likely shown as Siroke
                  > when looking them
                  > up at LDS.

                  9:14 AM

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.