RE: [S-R] Does anyone know this phrase "Shalom Beseda"?

  • Margo Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
      Shalom is the word used by Jews in greeting, as in "Shalom, Margo" to start an email message. (Such messages also end in Shalom.)

      konekta@... wrote: Beseda in slovak means chat, confab, party, debate
      In slovenian it means a word.
      Vladimir

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
        Shalom is so widely known that I did not want to comment that.

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
          Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?
        • jcotteret
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

            > Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?

            That means "peace on the globe" in Hebrew.

            Happy New Year to Everybody.

            Jacques Cotteret