Re: [S-R] Does anyone know this phrase "Shalom Beseda"?

  • jump4toys@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
      Well, in Hebrew, it could mean

      SHALOM = PEACE
      Beseda could be Beseder (from the Hebrew word), "all is good".

      It might also mean BSD, which stands for "in the name of G-d" in Hebrew.

      Are they Jewish? If not...they are surely with a Jewish influence.

      My friend said they signed off with it.
      _http://club.http://clhttp://club.http://cluhttp://club.<WBRhttp://_
      (http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec)

    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
        Beseda in slovak means chat, confab, party, debate
        In slovenian it means a word.
        Vladimir

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
          Shalom is the word used by Jews in greeting, as in "Shalom, Margo" to start an email message. (Such messages also end in Shalom.)

          konekta@... wrote: Beseda in slovak means chat, confab, party, debate
          In slovenian it means a word.
          Vladimir

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
            Shalom is so widely known that I did not want to comment that.

            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
              Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?
            • jcotteret
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

                > Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?

                That means "peace on the globe" in Hebrew.

                Happy New Year to Everybody.

                Jacques Cotteret