Does anyone know this phrase "Shalom Beseda"?

  • hyperlexiadaddy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
      It was written on a Holiday card a friend's wife received.
      I've heard the word "beseda" in Slovakia, but can't find a
      translation.

      Vladi or Helene?
      Have you heard this anywhere?

      Stastlivy Novy Rok 2008, everyone.
      Dave Jenco
    • jump4toys@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
        Shalom of course is in Hebrew...it means PEACE, or HELLO or GOODBYE.

        Beseda? Where did they write this phrase, at the beginning, end, ?

      • David Y.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          My friend said they signed off with it.

        • jump4toys@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
            Well, in Hebrew, it could mean

            SHALOM = PEACE
            Beseda could be Beseder (from the Hebrew word), "all is good".

            It might also mean BSD, which stands for "in the name of G-d" in Hebrew.

            Are they Jewish? If not...they are surely with a Jewish influence.

            My friend said they signed off with it.
            _http://club.http://clhttp://club.http://cluhttp://club.<WBRhttp://_
            (http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec)

          • konekta@nm.psg.sk
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
              Beseda in slovak means chat, confab, party, debate
              In slovenian it means a word.
              Vladimir

              _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
                Shalom is the word used by Jews in greeting, as in "Shalom, Margo" to start an email message. (Such messages also end in Shalom.)

                konekta@... wrote: Beseda in slovak means chat, confab, party, debate
                In slovenian it means a word.
                Vladimir

                _____

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
                  Shalom is so widely known that I did not want to comment that.

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
                    Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?
                  • jcotteret
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

                      > Taking a wild guess, perhaps it means peace conference ?

                      That means "peace on the globe" in Hebrew.

                      Happy New Year to Everybody.

                      Jacques Cotteret