Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] [Admin] about Rootsweb's merger today

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 23, 2000
      Added to which, a special word of thanks for Maura for putting up with us
      all for so long. If she is the host, we are the guests.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 23, 2000
        Why bring up something already passed.
        dave
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 25, 2000
          At 03:03 PM 6/23/00 -0400, you wrote:

          >Since I joined this list, I have been a listener and have learned much
          about Slovakia, the region I'm researching. I would love to be a
          contributor, but I have much to learn first. When I first joined, the
          postings were thoughtful and the information obtained was good. There is
          an excellent base of people within the list who are very gracious with
          their time to help all of us.<

          >Lately it seems that a layer of thin skin has covered a number of our
          group. I haven't paid much attention to note whether it is newcomers or
          oldtimers. Now we're fighting over ancestral religion, the Mormons intent
          for afterlife, how people's words are taken, etc. It's about time we all
          grow up. This list is comprised of beginner genealogists up to the
          professional level. Many questions will be asked and there will be a
          difference of opinion as to the answers. We should be able to accept all
          answers in the spirit in which they were given, without feeling slighted or
          insulted.<

          From another list:

          "Email seems so one-on-one and personal, more like spoken communication
          than written. We write it like we were giving lectures, and we read it like
          we were being scolded."

          Janko
        • lkocik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 26, 2000