RE: [S-R] way of living

  • Chris Gromann
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
      Thanks a lot Janet!

      Chris

      Janet Kozlay <kozlay@...> wrote:
      Peasant life was very much the same all over Europe in the 19th century with
      only minor variations and of course language differences. An excellent book
      dealing with the kind of questions you pose is Proper Peasants by Fel and
      Hofer. Although it is the description of a single village in Hungary, there
      will be many similarities in the lives of your Moravian ancestors. I also
      suggest you investigate all the material found at www.iarelative.com/czech/.

      There you will find discussions of customs as well as some heart-rending
      biographies and many links to further information.

      Janet

      _____