Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: And yet another new occupational term

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2000
      Hmmm. I will think that over. The same person was a rolnik a couple of
      years before and after the term was used, in the late 1860's -- but who
      knows. Maybe he lost his property for a while.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@o...> wrote:
      > Any guesses about this one -- a nadchik or nadcnik?

      In Hungarian a napszámos was a "daily worker", equivalent to a
      Tag (day) werker in German.
      In Slovak called a nádenník.
      Perhaps a day laborer, or an unskilled worker of some kind ?

      GIVE YOUR WIFE A BREAK! Lowest prices on maids, lawn care, carpet
      cleaning, painting and remodeling services in your area at our new FREE
      website.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/5744/0/_/545880/_/961763404/