Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Another social class term

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2000
      Jozef, how wonderful it is to get a note from you. I hope that you and your
      family are all well.

      Thank you for the suggestion about the word voza'r. I am finally working on
      my father's family from Liptovsky Porubka', the ones with the Rachel
      connections. This reference occurs around the year 1868 -- perhaps the man
      was a waggon driver of some kind. These records are written in Slovak, but
      the surnames are a mixture of Magyar and Slovak spelling. I am finding many
      references to occupations that I have not seen before.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2000
        Nadchik means small weasil
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2000
          Well, you have to wonder just what the minister was trying to say about this
          person, referring to him as an Evangelical small weasel! I think I better
          take another look at that microfilm...