Re: family search

  • Joe Armata
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2000
      Yes on all counts! Mrs. Bakicova, Mrs. Vuksicova, Mrs. Matkovicova.
      My favorite mouthful is an ethnographic writer Mrs. Kovacevicova.

      A rule of thumb is if the surname is a noun, you add -ova, and if it's an
      adjective, you change the final -y to -a (Mr. Dlhy, Mrs. Dlha, because
      dlhy is an adjective "long"). Note that there are surnames that are nouns
      that end in -y too, especially Hungarian ones (Mr. Gaby, Mrs. Gabyova).

      Joe Armata
      joe@...