Kuczko

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi, Larry,
      I will certainly keep your gr. uncles nickname "Kucko" in mind.
      Names were often changed, thats true.
      Christine

    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
        Kuczko to Kucko is not so much of a name change as it is a spelling change.
        The cz in Kuczko uses the old, obsolete Hungarian letter which is pronounced
        "ts." The z was dropped and it became a simple c, with the same
        pronunciation. Many place names used to be spelled with a cz ending and now
        end only with a c.

        Janet

        _____