Re: Zohor Address Needed

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine " <dyno-mutt@...> wrote:

      > Can someone tell me where to find a mailing address for the Catholic
      > church in Zohor, Slovakia? I wish to write to them to ask if they
      > would have baptisimal records on several of my aunts and my
      > grandparents, both Mifkovic and Struhar.
      >
      > Elaine

      Before 1895, the church records are in the Slovak Archives. Since then,
      birth/death/marriage records are kept at the civil registration office.
      Of course, a parish might also have its own records.

      For Budkovce civil lookups, the charge is SKK50 per name. I can't speak
      for Zohor.

      Peter Nagy can probably speak to this point.