RE: [S-R] Can someone help me figure this out ? Georg Tkacs

  • The West's
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
      BIRTH OTHER I MEANT SORRY

      "Frank R. Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote: I don't understand your question. "Birth Order"??? I don't see that in the
      data.

      frank

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Deb
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:11 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SPAM][S-R] Can someone help me figure this out ? Georg Tkacs

      Thank you for your help. What exactly is the birth order mean? And
      the other informaTION? Deb and Bret

      New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      about Georg Tkacs
      Name: Georg Tkacs
      Arrival Date: 15 Aug 1907
      Estimated birth year: abt 1890
      Age: 17
      Gender: Male
      Port of Departure: Bremen
      Ethnicity/Race-/Nationality: slovakian
      Ship Name: Grosser Kurfurst
      Search Ship Database: View the Grosser Kurfurst in the 'Passenger
      Ships and Images' database
      Port of Arrival: New York, New York
      Nativity: Hungary
      Line: 6
      Microfilm Serial: T715
      Microfilm Roll: T715_966
      Birth Location: Hungary
      Birth Location Other: kgydomesa
      Page Number: 71

    • Deb
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2008
        I am still in search of Gyorg Tkacs and his birthplace, father and
        marriage date. I have his death date in America. I also am looking
        for his wife's name I know it is Maria possible DURTA. Can you help
        me out. My grandmother is 97 years old and I want to give this
        information to her. Thanks

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
        wrote:

        > Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
        > transcription). Velká Domaša, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása,
        Zemplén,

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
          Dear ?

          It appears below that John gave you the birthplace/village name, no?

          The remaining information is likely contained in the Family History Center
          Library microfilms that John also identified below. Have you gone there
          to view them? You're not going to find that information on the internet.

          Finding Gyorg Tkac? I think you will need to go to the Velka Domasa
          cemetery ;)

          Bill

          and identified

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
            No I know hwere he was buried in America. I do not know how to go to the LDS I have tried to locate this. Please explain more to help me out. Thanks Deb

            Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: Dear ?

            --
            Bill Tarkulich
            http://www.iabsi.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
              The Mormons explain it best:
              http://tinyurl.com/ej2y

              http://tinyurl.com/23bjxg

              --
              Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                Present day Holcikovce from 1927 to 1966 was called Velka Domasa. Here is the link to the page with the information: www.cisarik.com/village-0276.html
                There is also a list of surnames for the village, Takac is among them.
                Michael Mojher

                wrote:

                > Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
                > transcription). Velká Domasa, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása,
                Zemplén,