Georg Tkacs, Velka Domasa

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
      >>> Birth Location Other: kgydomesa <<<

      Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
      transcription). Velká Domaša, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása, Zemplén,
      Hungary.

      CURRENT MAP

      Velka Domasa is located 49°01' 21°43'. However, it isn't even marked
      on current maps. It is near Holc'ikovce and may have been flooded by
      damming of the Ondava River.

      1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
      The old Hungarian map can be found at:
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/zemplen.jpg

      CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
      get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
      likely find in church records.

      LDS has church records available.
    • Frank R. Plichta
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
        I don't understand your question. "Birth Order"??? I don't see that in the
        data.

        frank

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
          BIRTH OTHER I MEANT SORRY

          "Frank R. Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote: I don't understand your question. "Birth Order"??? I don't see that in the
          data.

          frank

          Thank you for your help. What exactly is the birth order mean? And
          the other informaTION? Deb and Bret

          New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
          about Georg Tkacs
          Name: Georg Tkacs
          Arrival Date: 15 Aug 1907
          Estimated birth year: abt 1890
          Age: 17
          Gender: Male
          Port of Departure: Bremen
          Ethnicity/Race-/Nationality: slovakian
          Ship Name: Grosser Kurfurst
          Search Ship Database: View the Grosser Kurfurst in the 'Passenger
          Ships and Images' database
          Port of Arrival: New York, New York
          Nativity: Hungary
          Line: 6
          Microfilm Serial: T715
          Microfilm Roll: T715_966
          Birth Location: Hungary
          Birth Location Other: kgydomesa
          Page Number: 71

        • Deb
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2008
            I am still in search of Gyorg Tkacs and his birthplace, father and
            marriage date. I have his death date in America. I also am looking
            for his wife's name I know it is Maria possible DURTA. Can you help
            me out. My grandmother is 97 years old and I want to give this
            information to her. Thanks

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
              Dear ?

              It appears below that John gave you the birthplace/village name, no?

              The remaining information is likely contained in the Family History Center
              Library microfilms that John also identified below. Have you gone there
              to view them? You're not going to find that information on the internet.

              Finding Gyorg Tkac? I think you will need to go to the Velka Domasa
              cemetery ;)

              Bill

              and identified

              --
              Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                No I know hwere he was buried in America. I do not know how to go to the LDS I have tried to locate this. Please explain more to help me out. Thanks Deb

                Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: Dear ?

                --
                Bill Tarkulich
                http://www.iabsi.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                  The Mormons explain it best:
                  http://tinyurl.com/ej2y

                  http://tinyurl.com/23bjxg

                  --
                  Bill Tarkulich
                  http://www.iabsi.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                    Present day Holcikovce from 1927 to 1966 was called Velka Domasa. Here is the link to the page with the information: www.cisarik.com/village-0276.html
                    There is also a list of surnames for the village, Takac is among them.
                    Michael Mojher

                    wrote:

                    > Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
                    > transcription). Velká Domasa, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása,
                    Zemplén,