Can someone help me figure this out ? Georg Tkacs

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28 9:11 PM
      Thank you for your help. What exactly is the birth order mean? And
      the other informaTION? Deb and Bret

      New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      about Georg Tkacs
      Name: Georg Tkacs
      Arrival Date: 15 Aug 1907
      Estimated birth year: abt 1890
      Age: 17
      Gender: Male
      Port of Departure: Bremen
      Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: slovakian
      Ship Name: Grosser Kurfurst
      Search Ship Database: View the Grosser Kurfurst in the 'Passenger
      Ships and Images' database
      Port of Arrival: New York, New York
      Nativity: Hungary
      Line: 6
      Microfilm Serial: T715
      Microfilm Roll: T715_966
      Birth Location: Hungary
      Birth Location Other: kgydomesa
      Page Number: 71
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29 2:10 AM
        I do not mean to offend, but by the way you are writing, I assume English is
        not your native language? Whenever people post information for
        interpretation, it is very important to state what your source of these data
        are. It looks like it was taken from some sort of computer database,
        correct?

        To your specific questions:
        What exactly is the birth order mean?
        - there is no "birth order" listed. Please re-state your question.

        The microfilms are the United States National Archives of the Port of New
        York ship manifests, available for public viewing. Serial and Number are
        index data to locate the correct microfilm reel.

        As with all data, you cannot assume it is 100% accurate.
        You cannot assume the ethnicity is correct, it was often "determined" by the
        spoken language of the immigrant.

        With reference to "birth location" kgydomesa.

        Anytime someone has transcribed what they say on a written ship manifest
        into a computer database, I am very suspicious and doubtful that it was
        transcribed correctly. My immediate response is to want to see the actual
        manifest, which should be available for viewing on www.ellisisland.org for
        no cost.

        With that in mind, I might suggest that the birth location could be
        'NAGYDOMASA", which was in the former Hungary county of Zemplen. The
        present-day village name is VELKA DOMASA.

        I hope this helps.

        Bill Tarkulich

        Thank you for your help. What exactly is the birth order mean? And
        the other informaTION? Deb and Bret

        New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
        about Georg Tkacs
        Name: Georg Tkacs
        Arrival Date: 15 Aug 1907
        Estimated birth year: abt 1890
        Age: 17
        Gender: Male
        Port of Departure: Bremen
        Ethnicity/Race-/Nationality: slovakian
        Ship Name: Grosser Kurfurst
        Search Ship Database: View the Grosser Kurfurst in the 'Passenger
        Ships and Images' database
        Port of Arrival: New York, New York
        Nativity: Hungary
        Line: 6
        Microfilm Serial: T715
        Microfilm Roll: T715_966
        Birth Location: Hungary
        Birth Location Other: kgydomesa
        Page Number: 71

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29 5:16 AM
          >>> Birth Location Other: kgydomesa <<<

          Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
          transcription). Velká Domaša, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása, Zemplén,
          Hungary.

          CURRENT MAP

          Velka Domasa is located 49°01' 21°43'. However, it isn't even marked
          on current maps. It is near Holc'ikovce and may have been flooded by
          damming of the Ondava River.

          1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
          The old Hungarian map can be found at:
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/zemplen.jpg

          CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
          get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
          likely find in church records.

          LDS has church records available.
        • Frank R. Plichta
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29 6:02 AM
            I don't understand your question. "Birth Order"??? I don't see that in the
            data.

            frank

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29 8:03 AM
              BIRTH OTHER I MEANT SORRY

              "Frank R. Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote: I don't understand your question. "Birth Order"??? I don't see that in the
              data.

              frank

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2008
                I am still in search of Gyorg Tkacs and his birthplace, father and
                marriage date. I have his death date in America. I also am looking
                for his wife's name I know it is Maria possible DURTA. Can you help
                me out. My grandmother is 97 years old and I want to give this
                information to her. Thanks

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Dear ?

                  It appears below that John gave you the birthplace/village name, no?

                  The remaining information is likely contained in the Family History Center
                  Library microfilms that John also identified below. Have you gone there
                  to view them? You're not going to find that information on the internet.

                  Finding Gyorg Tkac? I think you will need to go to the Velka Domasa
                  cemetery ;)

                  Bill

                  and identified

                  --
                  Bill Tarkulich
                  http://www.iabsi.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                    No I know hwere he was buried in America. I do not know how to go to the LDS I have tried to locate this. Please explain more to help me out. Thanks Deb

                    Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: Dear ?

                    --
                    Bill Tarkulich
                    http://www.iabsi.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                      The Mormons explain it best:
                      http://tinyurl.com/ej2y

                      http://tinyurl.com/23bjxg

                      --
                      Bill Tarkulich
                      http://www.iabsi.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 22, 2008
                        Present day Holcikovce from 1927 to 1966 was called Velka Domasa. Here is the link to the page with the information: www.cisarik.com/village-0276.html
                        There is also a list of surnames for the village, Takac is among them.
                        Michael Mojher

                        wrote:

                        > Born in Nagydomesa (sp error) (see the manifest NOT the
                        > transcription). Velká Domasa, Slovakia; formerly Nagydomása,
                        Zemplén,