Re: [S-R] Village Name

  • June McKee
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
      John,
      thanks for the information. I hadnt thought of trying that one yet. I will diffently give it a try.

      June

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2014
        Name of village is: (slovakian name)Laliť , (hun)Liliomos, or (serb-croatian)Lalić.

        In ship records i found many misspelled variations of village name:  Hiliomos, Hilionos, Lihamos, Lility, Liliamas, Lality...

        Slovak families come in  village between years 1760 – 1790s. Slovak evangelical church was built  between years 1848—1852, before that church records(births, deaths, marriages) was in Selenča.

        Family Butaš still live in Lalit.